Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Covered in Sweat

We are back in the humid capital of the world, Guayaquil, Ecuador. Previously we´ve spend a few days in various little towns among the coast jungles... also hot and humid but not as hot as Guayaquil. The only thing that made it worse though was the fact that most of the places we stayed at there is no running water. People there have TV´s and DVD´s and everyone carries a cellphone, but no water to take a shower in. Just whatever rain water they manage to collect. Anyway, so this morning we got back into Guayaquil, and I was so looking forward to taking a nice cold shower, when we find out that the is no water in our part of the city. Ah! Imagine walking around and exlopring a country like Ecuador for a few days, where you break a sweat just by walking out of the shadow, and then you find out you can´t properly wash yourself. I´m stinky and sweaty and tired... but hey, at least I got an internet acess. On top of that today we found out that instead of continuing on with our adventures and taking a bus into the mountain town of Baños we had to wait since the Natives of the Ecuadorian Andies are revolting against goverment by setting up road blocks and starting fires. Still my brother decided that he wanted to take his chance and hope that his bus won´t be one of the unlucky ones that get stoped, and he split up with us and went his own way to the mountains. Hopefuly I hear from him soon.

1 Comments:

  • HA HA HA! THat sounds so FUNNY and sadly it happens in my beloved Ecuador! Funny thing is, that in the last 3 visits that I took I always had running water and hot too if I got lucky (which I usually was!) Besides all that sweat, I hope you take the time to appreciate every moment you spend in that wonderful country and always remember its MUCH CHILLIER here in Toronto, Canada (ALSO, my BELOVED BIRTH COUNTRY)
    Be safe and have FUN!
    your friend,
    Jessica :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:46 AM, March 15, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Copyright Tom Antos © 2010. All rights reserved.
The content of this website is for personal use only.
Publication and redistribution is prohibited without prior written consent.